in case you don’t follow the FB group
Tournaments to be added
Age of Sigmar (unconfirmed right now)
Demos as well
We have dates and I am moving the convention to Ridgeland Mississippi. This was not an easy decision but I really like the new location, Reservoir Pointe.
The convention begins at 5PM Friday night and runs until midnight Saturday. Vendors will be able to pack up Sunday morning 8AM-10AM.
Badges are now on sale. I cannot stress enough how important pre-sales are. I am able to point to these when talking to sponsors and vendors. This allows me to provide prize support to make this the best convention possible for attendees.
You must have a badge to create and/or participate in tournaments.
As the wheels continue to turn slow in my discussion with the Flowood convention center, I thought I would list my plans for tournaments.
I have verbal agreements for and I plan on the following tournaments:
Star Wars Legion
The Steven Toth Memorial Blood Red Skies Tournament will also continue.
Past that, it is possible I could host the Baton Rouge ADLG tournament
Anything else you would like to see?
I am currently in negotiation with Sheraton in Flowood.
They add a new wrinkle, as food is a big part of the rental. They push it like: “Buy $1500 worth of food and get a $2000 discount”.
So, if it happens, Saturday may have a free breakfast.
Current offer is this: $7000 for 5190 square feet. I am way more comfortable at $5k, so we are looking at space closer to 3000 square feet.
I REALLY hope to have this done and selling tickets by the end of the month.
You guys know my struggle with communicating with the casino. Well, I finally got through and learned they have switched to a 21+ policy onsite.
I feel like this would effect the convention negatively by restricting attendees.
I do want to know what you think.
Right now I am leaning toward moving it to the Jackson area. I know I would at least pick up my local players.
After finally talking to the Casino, they let me know that they are willing to commit to a date next year until January.
The reason being they are debating on refurbishing the room we used.
So what to do now? I can go forward with a location TBA but I don’t think that’s wise. So I think I will go forward with ticket sales starting when I know the venue.
Right now I am thinking this schedule:
Sunday will be for vendors to pack up.